List:       nextgen-online
Subject:    [Nextgen-online] Interface elements
From:       dkeats () uwc ! ac ! za (Derek Keats)
Date:       2004-04-24 12:06:59

Hi everyone,

Sean...this especially needs your input. In KEWL we had a lot of common interface \
elements produced as properties of a website object. I am thinking of things like \
edit icon, delete icon, add icon, etc. These could be part of the skin, but probably \
should just be generic. To ensure common interface elements these should be produced \
in some way.

Should they be done as in KEWL where we have methods and properties like
objWebsite->showEditButton()
objWebsite->editButton()
objWebsite->showLinkedEditButton($link, $target, $altText)
In this way we enforce common interface elements. Will this be handled by the \
framework, or should it be done as part of a special object to handle interface \
elements? We need to decide on this before we can really do much more coding.

Cheers
Derek

Prof Derek Keats
Executive Director, Information & Communication Services
University of the Western Cape, P. Bag X17, Bellville, South Africa
Phone: +27 21 959 2304
Fax: +27 21 959 1201
email: dkeats@uwc.ac.za