List:       newtontalk
Subject:    [NTLK] here's what adult adhd looks like virtually in person (re:emate300 open sourced RAM cards)
From:       Tim <eft37 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2023-05-08 19:32:11

Hello group, long time no writes.
Learned this year at 50, that I have adhd. Cool!
I glance at the digest like 1-4 times a month, but am otherwise dormant.

I have 3 emates, my "good one" that works (or did) with a MrPCB Man RAM upgrade from \
the last batch, and then 2 that exhibit the ribbon cable issue.Those share 1 power \
brick. I have 2 original boxes and a lot of paperwork too. Imagine my glee when I pop \
in and see this amazing new card available. I think to myself "I can solder, I like \
eMates, let me bang out 20 of these to sell and be a hero in the community!", next \
thing I know the gerbers are in my PCBWay Cart, I've sourced most of the parts and \
have inquiries into getting the ram chips. I start writing this email. Chat GPT tells \
me I can't sell them for profit. It's 2+ weeks later and I came to my senses about \
wanting love from a community I participate in bi-yearly...and stop. But I found my \
eMates, and since my current plan is to gut one and retrofit it with SBC and new \
components, I realize I should keep a "janky emate" for this purpose, sell my good \
one with a spare and get on with my adventures. I'm in Illinois, unafraid of shipping \
and am selling 2 eMates boxed with manuals and stuff. One works (worked I lost \
ability to patch and it hasn't been on since fitting that PCBMan ram card) and the \
other for sure needs a ribbon cable fix at the very least, so it'd be your spare \
machine. Who's interested before I put it on eBay with an insane buy-it-now price \
(see my auctions for example).

-Tim