List:       newtontalk
Subject:    [NTLK] Mixing NCK and NCU on Classic Mac OS 9
From:       Alan Grassia <alan.grassia () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-07-11 16:38:17

Hello Newton Friends,

Now that I have an OMP up and running – it still needs a battery pack, but I'll put \
that in a separate thread – I wanted to see about getting it talking to my Power \
Mac G4 with Classic Mac OS 9.2.1.

Does anyone know if it is possible to safely install both Newton Connect Utilities \
(NCU) v 1.0 and Newton Connection Kit (NCK) v2.0 on the same Classic Mac OS boot \
volume?

I have been reading the Newton FAQ, Ben Truesdale's Newton Connection FAQ \
(https://web.archive.org/web/20080215200930/http://newted.dyndns.org/users/1f2frfbf/answers.html), \
and the read me files for NCU and NCK and I don't recall seeing mention about having \
both tools installed on the same Mac at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Cheers,

Alan Grassia

OMP, MP 2000, MP 2100, eMate 300