List:       newtontalk
Subject:    Re: [NTLK] OT: Cell phones
From:       Forrest <newton_phoenix () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2017-12-31 22:34:58

<snip>
"As strange as it might seem (being the deep-rooted technology hound that I am), I \
didn't get my first cellphone until 2007 ... and it wasn't even the iPhone. It was an \
LG Chocolate."

Yeah I would agree that the iPhone really opened up the floodgates, but it was also \
all the other companies that introduced their own new phones that helped.

I had a BlackBerry Curve and I really liked it, but I soon grew very tired of the \
trackball issues—got full of dirt, even after cleaning would not scroll properly or \
at all—and that made me switch to an iPhone 4 in 2011. It was like a touchscreen \
phone with a broken display, only worse—and useless. You could see the icon on the \
display but couldn't...QUITE...get there.

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6S Plus