List:       newtontalk
Subject:    Re: [NTLK] Voice recorder
From:       Tom Zahm <tpzahm () newted ! org>
Date:       2017-12-29 0:59:42

That=92s the one I was thinking of!

> On Dec 28, 2017, at 11:34 AM, Grant Hutchinson <grant@splorp.com> wrote:
> =

> On 2017-12-27, at 5:48 PM, Tom Zahm wrote:
> =

>> Not only that, but there was a way to activate it by holding the power s=
witch (or something like that).  I don=92t recall the name of the package t=
hat included this function, though.
> =

> I'm not sure if there was a package that did thi son its own, but it was =
a feature of the third-party VoiceNotes application.
> =

> From the VoiceNotes manual:
> =

> "To take advantage of this feature you will have to flick the power switc=
h twice within 2 seconds (Caution: the time-span between the first and the =
second =91flick=92 should not be to short. Optimal would be: flick power sw=
itch once, wait 1 second, flick the power switch a second time). It will th=
en be recognised by VoiceNotes and will start the recording for you after a=
 signal-tone has been transmitted. After the signal-tone the recording will=
 commence."