List:       newtontalk
Subject:    Re: [NTLK] How bright is a (well-preserved) eMate's backlight?
From:       Grant Hutchinson <grant () splorp ! com>
Date:       2017-04-09 20:29:15

On 2017-04-09, at 6:16 AM, Piotrowski Paweł (Newton) wrote:

> > Second, has anyone ever tried a NewtonSales white backlight?
> > The website claims it's fairly "modern", but I don't know what
> > to expect brightness-wise from it.
>
> I know that for this guy form NewtonSales the high quality customer
> service is not strong side, but I bought from him USB module ones.
> And I got it. So, I think is worth to try.
>
> BTW, I don't know any stories connected with NewtonSales. Could
> someone clarify why people don't like him?

There are many people who have had positive experiences ordering from Newton Sales \
and dealing with its owner (Ferdi Ozguner, also known as Knowledge Navigator).

However, there are also quite a few stories in the NewtonTalk archives relating tales \
of terrible customer service, exaggerated product claims, "bait and switch" pricing, \
and other ordering issues.

Personally, I have never directly dealt with or ordered from Ferdi or his company. \
The only issue I have had with Newton Sales was a rash of promotional list spamming \
several years ago. Because of this, he was banned from the list in 2011.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian