List:       newtontalk
Subject:    [NTLK] The Oasis  NPDS - Downtime
From:       Doctor Clu <drclu () swbell ! net>
Date:       2016-02-13 12:54:55

In the last year I was excited about getting my Newton Server to not stay d=
ead but wake itself back up with the Watcher routine.   Now it is probably =
time to get things working a bit better.

On Pete G=92s site he has the Newton operating without crashing for general=
ly about 2 to 3 days at a time.  Me, my Newton routine crashes every hour o=
n the hour.  :D

I did a little script where I loaded my server remotely and took a snapshot=
 every minute.  Yep, could have ran a crash log, but I am still learning th=
is stuff.  :P

The results of the test were:

10:35 am Up
And=85. well=85 after reviewing about 280 (last shot at around 3:30 pm) scr=
eenshots, my Newton did not crash.  Apparently when it is being poked repea=
tedly it stays awake.

Anyway, in the past my Newton had crash for about 20 minutes at the top of =
the hour.  What are the more optimal settings you all have found that helps=
 those crash times become less and less?

Doctor Clu