List:       newtontalk
Subject:    [NTLK] Added a page to the Einstein wiki for developers
From:       Steven Frank <stevenf () panic ! com>
Date:       2015-05-28 4:00:03

Just added this new page on Einstein architecture to the wiki:

https://github.com/pguyot/Einstein/wiki/Emulator-Architecture-Part-2 \
<https://github.com/pguyot/Einstein/wiki/Emulator-Architecture-Part-2>

My hope is this will be helpful to other would-be Einstein developers, as just \
reading the source by itself is a bit intimidating.

These are just notes I took while reading the source and stepping through in the \
debugger.  It gives a general idea of how the emulator starts up, and a basic \
inspection of the JIT mechanism.

This is the first time I've come close to understanding how the JIT works and may I \
just say, Paul, you are some sort of evil, but benevolent, wizard.

It would be great if Paul, Matthias, or anyone, could give this page a quick review \
for technical accuracy.

I'm still a ways from being able to help with the broader effort to speed up the \
emulator by chopping out MMU emulation, but every little bit helps..? Maybe?

Steven