List:       newtontalk
Subject:    Re: [NTLK] iosEinstein help please
From:       Forrest <newtonphoenix () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2015-03-09 8:42:58

Bob:

I don=92t know if you have access to an Android device=85but Einstein runs =
really well on my Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet. (And I haven=92t rooted=97jail=
broken it, in iOS terms=97either.)

Fry=92s Electronics (amongst others) often features smaller (7=94) tablet d=
evices at really inexpensive prices. While it=92s like anything else=97you =
have to do the due diligence, because some of them are junk=97there are a f=
ew (like the Hisense) that are real gems. I got the Hisense there in Septem=
ber for about $60, IIRC. I=92d bet you could still find one on eBay right n=
ow.

I can use the Targus stylus I got for the First Generation iPad to write no=
tes, etc. in Einstein.

I=92m pretty sure Matthias can set you up=97he was a great help to me in my=
 Android setup. Of course, I would be willing to provide any help that I ca=
n, as well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
--Forrest

"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to l=
ead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the f=
act that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into i=
t in the first place."
--Douglas Adams

> On Mar 8, 2015, at 11:51 PM, Matthias Melcher <mm@matthiasm.com> wrote:
> =

> =

> Yes, exactly. Or you must jailbreak the device. This is the reason why I =
stoppoed developing for iOS. I don't see why I should oay to run my own sof=
tware on my own device. And selling Einstein for iOS through the Apple Stor=
e - even if we sold it for 0.00$ - is not possible because Aplle STor clear=
ly states that iOS apps must not be similar to any Apple product. That's qu=
ite hard to avoid for a simulator.
> =

>> On Mar 9, 2015, at 6:06 AM, Bob Carls Dudney <kosmicdollop@saber.net> wr=
ote:
>> =

>> You mean I=92d have to pay $99 annually to keep running Einstein on iPad?
>> =

>> Yikes!
>> =

>> Steven Frank <stevenf@panic.com> wrote:
>>> But to run anything on the device, you'll need a codesigning certificat=
e from Apple's developer program ($99 per year).  The Xcode project must be=
 configured to sign the build with that certificate.  You'll also need a pr=
ovisioning file installed on the device that includes the hardware ID of th=
e device and the bundle ID of the app you will be installing.