List:       newtontalk
Subject:    Re: [NTLK] OMP Battery Tray Conversion
From:       Andrei Chichak <newton () chichak ! ca>
Date:       2014-11-27 18:46:28

On 2014-November-27, at 11:23 AM, Greg Hankins <greg@greghankins.com> wrote:

> Oops!
>
> I found another question to ask: The OMB Specs tell me that the original NiCds were \
> 200 mA, but I see I can purchase batteries that are 400 or 600. Will I encounter \
> problems using either of these?

No, just charge them for 2-3 times longer to get them to maximum capacity.

For instance, if your charger is rated at 50mA (I don’t remember) and your batteries \
are rated at 200mAH (note that the batteries are rated as milliamp HOURS) it would, \
theoretically, take 4 hours to charge. The batteries aren’t perfect and you should \
multiply this time by about 1.4, so 5 or 6 hours.

With 600mAH batteries, 600mAH/50mA*1.4 = 16.8 hours.

Andrei