List:       newtontalk
Subject:    Re: [NTLK] MyScript Stack for iOS 8 devices
From:       "Greg Hankins" <greg () greghankins ! com>
Date:       2014-11-16 13:09:00

Hi Dennis!

I haven't tried the keyboard app, but have played with their Smartnote app.

It does a good job of recognizing my somewhat sloppy printing. But, unlike the \
Newton, it retains the handwriting, instead of immediately converting it into text. \
You have to press a button to see, and edit, the text you have written.

The magic of Newton HWR, for me, is seeing the conversion happen before my eyes-and \
being able to then use handwriting gestures to edit the text.

That said, they are onto something-and are worth watching.

Greg
--
Greg Hankins
Town Creek, NC