List:       newtontalk
Subject:    [NTLK] Problem with this Card
From:       Kevin LaCombe <my_newton () wavecable ! com>
Date:       2014-11-12 0:54:08

In clearing out some of my old newton belongings, I stumbled on a Pretec 32MB card that I purchased years ago (I had several others that were the same type and those all worked fine).  When I tried to use it I got the message "There is a problem with this card".  I put it in a case and dropped it in a box with other bits and pieces and only just rediscovered it.  I got the same message when I tried it but this time and moved the write-protect switch to PROTECT and when I reinserted it I got a message that it was indeed write protected.  Then I reinserted it after I put the switch back to WRITE and the card is now working.  I think all this time the switch was in the middle of the two modes.  Anyone every have this happen before?