List:       newtontalk
Subject:    Re: [NTLK] [OT] Sandy threatens financial/economic Armageddon
From:       James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2012-10-30 2:47:01

Hello,

--- On Mon, 10/29/12, Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:

> One more thing: since this thread started, I observe that pretty much
> everyone in or around the NYC area and elsewhere are now agreed that
> Sandy is going to do Very Bad Things to the City and anywhere else it >approaches. \
> So, although expectations of the financial collapse of >civilization may be a bit \
> over the top, the severity expected from the >storm is real enough.  Yet another \
> reason to wish for us to be charitable >in our disagreements, eh?

Right.  This storm is the latest example of how Mother Nature is always ready to hand \
out the beatdowns and do Very Bad Things to the human race.   With the threat of \
illness, injury, or death always hovering in the background, there's very little need \
for us to do Very Bad Things to each other if we can help it.

(Though that's easier said than done, I know, what with Mother Nature having equipped \
the human race with egos and all.)

Best,

James Fraser