List:       newtontalk
Subject:    Re: [NTLK] Newton comment on LATimes (resend to add this)
From:       Warren Ockrassa <wockrassa () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-12-26 4:01:55

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Forrest Buffenmyer
<newtonphoenix@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I have struggled with the Newton/Mac (or PC) backup/sync problem more than I would \
> care to admit...in fact, it has almost driven me completely away from the Newton.

Funnily enough, the only thing I ever wanted a Newton for in the first
place - and what's brought me back to play now - is the HWR. All I've
ever wanted is a digital device that can translate my handwriting into
ASCII or Unicode text, so I can process it digitally later on, rather
than have to transcribe.

And that was precisely the one thing that no Newton developer I've
ever been aware of handled meaningfully, ever. Everyone was too
interested in making games, PIM software, and suchlike to notice that,
hey, you could actually write things in it too - and unfortunately the
built-in Notepad program never quite did it for me...

--
-- Warren Ockrassa | nightwares.com