List:       newtontalk
Subject:    Re: [NTLK] iPod Touch
From:       Lloyd Conway <doc_retro () juno ! com>
Date:       2011-10-18 1:03:05

Well, Doc, I should say this: It won't run on a G4 running OS X Tiger.  you'll have \
to upgrade to Leopard, which the Mini G4 can handle, to get a new-enough version of \
iTunes to synch your iPod Touch.  That's the only way to synch with a G4.  (Given \
that Apple is likely to stop updating anything PPC, the Leopard solution may not be \
worth the time, expense and effort involved.)

"Ok, so it WON'T run with the G4?   And that is the reason my wife and I
are looking into getting something that will work better with our
current G4 computers, which are doing what we need fine for the time being.

We were thinking of getting a iPad, but realizing the iPad2 would need a
newer iTunes, are looking at getting a Kindle or Droid ran tablet instead."
-Doc Clu

I wish you the best - Newton for book-reading is fine within its' limits, but the \
connectivity and title variety make a second option a very viable option. Regards,
-Lloyd Conway
Charlotte, Michigan