List:       newtontalk
Subject:    Re: [NTLK] [FS] Emate 300, Excellent condition, fixed hinge $70 + shipping
From:       Frederick Heald <justfred () obtainium ! org>
Date:       2007-12-21 4:21:29

I sold my eMate back around Y2K.  While I was busy selling all my old
Newton stuff recently, someone posted and I bought an eMate.  I used
it last night to do a journal, and the thing is awesome.  It's worth
owning just for the wonder of the industrial design.

Complaints: the keyboard's a bit small (I get used to it), and the
light doesn't stay on (I forgot whether there's a setting on this, I
don't want to burn out the light tho).  Not being able to get to the
internet (at any reasonable speed) is actually a benefit.

Biggest complaint: if they had stuck with it (and managed to reduce
the price) Apple could have had the OLPC ten years ago.