List:       newtontalk
Subject:    Re: [NTLK] WAAS accuracy
From:       "Newton" <newton () spymac ! com>
Date:       2005-05-29 15:47:05

> And the methods are?
The topic is a little bit wrong formulated. It should be "estimation of
resulting satellite inaccuracy".
It's not very complicated: Assuming that a fixed mounted GPS antenna should
lead to totally stable readings one has only to record all and plot e.g. LON
vs. LAT and the resulting cloud of dots shouldn't occupy an area of more
than 2x2 meters. I did that with an ordinary GPS w/o differential unit in my
garden just after begin of yugoslavian war and was surprised about the
result. I recorded 2h an got only 3 readings with a 1m difference in either
direction.

Marco