List:       netsaintplug-help
Subject:    Re: [Netsaintplug-help] Re: check_by_ssh problem
From:       "David Allan" <dave () airflash ! com>
Date:       2001-03-21 21:28:46

Be sure that you have SSH'd to the machine that you are trying to check as
the user Netsaint runs as using the hostname or IP that's used to define the
host in your hosts config. file.  E.g:, if your host is defined as:

host[foo]=FOO server;foo.bar.com;;check-host-alive;10;120;24x7;1;1;1;

be sure that you have ssh'd to the server as:

netsaint@foo.bar.com

not

netsaint@foo

Otherwise, you may get timeouts waiting while SSH asks if you want to accept
the key for that host.  You may see this at the console, and be able to say
'yes' there and the ssh commands will work thereafter.

Dave