List:       netsaintplug-devel
Subject:    Re: [Netsaintplug-devel] Re: Script installer issues
From:       Hugo Gayosso <qztf7k () powertrain ! mpg ! gm ! com>
Date:       2000-07-18 13:14:03

> > > Totally different point - would you like to be a developer?

Direct to the point Karl!! Great!!

> > OK, I'm now registred on SourceForge as jaclu
> >
> > I'd be glad to be of help!
>
> Great! Glad to have you!

Yes!!

The more the merrier!!

Welcome to the team (while Karl is the main developer here, I think I
am part of the team ;) )

> > As maybe you have seen I announced two other plugs I did, one this
> > morning and one this afternoon.

Could you send me the command.cfg examples for those plug-ins?

So I can add these to command.cfg.

I think that we should standarize that every plug-in have a
command.cfg example in the first lines of the code, as some of them
already have, that way me, or whoever can go and grab them from it.

> Go ahead and add them in - I think at this point you understand
> stansardization issues as well as anyone. I'll look at them from
> homw to night and let you know if I have any comments.

Karl and myself have been discussing something about the documentation
of the plug-ins, we are looking for a tool to get documentation out of
the source code (literate programming), I did some research and sent
this info to Karl, I will send it to you (in the afternoon, because
it's at home), and let's see what do you think.

> > Of cource a python installer only works if you have python
> > installed, that might be a problem, but then again, AFAIK python
> > is included in all the main distros
>
> That is a problem. I want to try and stay as close as possible to
> GNU autoconf standards,

I like that idea. :)

> can't advise you to sink alot more time into the python
> installer. Though the effort is appreciated, and the code will be
> recycled as much as possible, and credit given of course.

What is this python installer about?

Greetings,
- --
Hugo Gayosso