List:       netsaintplug-devel
Subject:    [Netsaintplug-devel] Plugins 1.2.9 alpha series
From:       Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop () h00a0cc3b7988 ! ne ! mediaone ! net>
Date:       2000-07-05 17:05:42

In addition to periodically updating the netsaint-current tarbal during
1.2.9 development, I will be making occasional alpha releases.  I intend
that these alpha releases will be as reliable as possible, but they will
fall short of the stated goals for 1.2.9: universal support for
POSIX-style options like '--help' and '--version'.

The first alpha has just been posted to 'alpha' subdirectories at
http://netsaintplug.sourceforge.net/(src|binaries/SRPMS|binaries/redhat-6.x)

A solaris RPM will be ther shortly as well.

Here is the changelog from this release:

1.2.9-a1 - 3 July 2000 (alpha code)
-----------------------------------
* check_by_ssh.c (main) allow multiple services for passive checks
  (call_getopt) add options needed for passive multichecks
* check_disk.c (main) check all mounted partitions if none specified
* check_fping.c (main) use getopt
  (process_arguments, print_help, print_usage) new functions
* check_ftp.c (main) use getopt
  (process_arguments, print_help, print_usage) new functions
* check_ping.c (check_ping) return critical if output comes on STDERR
  add another sscanf for FreeBSD
* check_procs.c (print_usage) fix docs
* check_tcp.c (main) use getopt
  (process_arguments, print_help, print_usage) new functions
* check_users.c (main) use getopt
  (process_arguments, print_help, print_usage) new functions
* utils.h (macros) provide standard usage() macro
* rearrange directory for multiplatform builds
* test scripts added for check_fping and check_tcp

--
Karl DeBisschop					kdebisschop@alert.infoplease.com
Family Education Network/Information Please	http://www.infoplease.com