List:       netsaintplug-devel
Subject:    [Netsaintplug-devel] Re: Netsaintplug-devel digest, Vol 1 #248 - 1 msg
From:       "Thomas M. Payerle" <payerle () physics ! umd ! edu>
Date:       2001-09-10 16:52:17

I would like to inform to NetSaint users/offer for inclusion in plugin
package a Perl script check_netware5.  The plugin and documentation is
available at
http://www2.physics.umd.edu/~payerle/Software/NetSaint/check_netware5.html
and
http://www2.physics.umd.edu/~payerle/clinks.html

Basically, the plugin makes use of Novell's Web Management Portal to check
on the status of Netware servers.  The Web Portal started in Netware5, so
will only work on 5.x and above.  NO Non-Novell NLMs, etc., need be loaded
on the netware server.

The plugin requires HTML::Parser and HTML::TokeParser Perl Modules, available
from CPAN.  I would have to label the plugin as beta for now, mainly due to
lack of features--- it currently depends entirely on the "status" column
returned by the Web Portal (ie the warning and critical limits cannot be set
when calling the script), and the complete list of possible values of this
"status" field is unknown (am learning of them as problems occur, and as is
monitoring a production Novell server I am not anxious to learn them very
quickly:).  However, I do believe it fills a niche as a possible alternative
to the check_nwstat module for those unable or reluctant to add the
MRTGEXT.NLM to a Novell server.

Tom Payerle
Dept of Physics				payerle@physics.umd.edu
University of Maryland			(301) 405-6973
College Park, MD 20742-4111		Fax: (301) 314-9525