List:       netsaint-users
Subject:    RE: [netsaint] Feature Request: logoff button
From:       "Ethan Galstad" <netsaint () linuxave ! net>
Date:       2000-03-29 16:13:23

There is one problem I've seen about this trick on various mailing
list.  If you click the Cancel button when Netscape prompts you for
a new username and password, Netscape will use its old cached
values and get you back in again.

From:           	"Todd A. Green" <tagreen@ixlhosting.net>
> I have a trick that I know works with Netscape browsers.  I don't know if it
> works with IE since I don't use it.
>
> What you do is setup a different directory with a .htaccess which will NOT
> grant access to anyone.
>
> When they attempt to log in, fail, then cancel those steps cause Netscape to
> 'forget' the user who was logged in and when you return to the original page
> you will be prompted for a user name and password again.

Ethan Galstad
NetSaint Developer
---
Email: netsaint@netsaint.org   <-- NEW ADDRESS!