List:       netsaint-users
Subject:    RE: [netsaint] HP-UX ln problem
From:       crothecker () saskpower ! sk ! ca
Date:       2000-03-22 20:05:18

The error I wsa getting was:

[mars]:/usr/src/netsaint-0.0.4 # make all
        mv ./common/locations.h locations.h.sub
        perl -pe
's|\${prefix}|/usr/local/netsaint|g;s|\${exec_prefix}|/usr/loca
l/netsaint|g;' locations.h.sub > ./common/locations.h
        gcc -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  ./base/netsaint.c -o netsaint
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   snprintf (code)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error exit code 1

I managed to find a portable snprintf which compile with no problem. Now
I'm not too sure where to put the resulting snprintf.o file. I wrote a
script that recursively copied the file to every /lib and /bin I could find
(I know this is the wrong way to aproach this but I was hoping for a
miracle :-)  but this was to no avail. Any more suggestions are
appreciated. Thanks,

Lonny Selinger
Network Administrations Associate
EDS Canada