List:       netsaint-users
Subject:    RE: [netsaint] Netsaint with RH7.3
From:       Stanley.G.Martin () mail ! sprint ! com
Date:       2002-08-27 15:21:31

I had problems even getting the configure script to finish.  With your
suggestion, I compared the output of the two ping commands and the only
difference I found was how the 'round-trip' information is output.  I
didn't have a 7.2 machine, but I did have a 7.1.  On 7.1, the output is
in the form of 'round-trip' and on 7.3 it's 'rtt'.  When our
installation hung, we went to the console and did a ps aux and found a
process '/bin/ping | grep round-trip'.  The configure script had stopped
right after looking for /bin/ping.  So we aborted that install, copied
over the ping command from 7.1 and everything went smooth.

Stanley G. Martin
Sprint - ISS Enterprise App/Decision Support Services
Stanley.G.Martin@mail.sprint.com