List:       netsaint-devel
Subject:    Re: [netsaint-devel] host limitation
From:       karlheg () microsharp ! com (Karl M !  Hegbloom)
Date:       2001-07-18 17:14:13

    Kamal> 	I am using Netsaint 0.0.6 and am close to reaching 1000 hosts. I see some
    Kamal> performance issues. The machine I am using is a VA Linux 800MHZ Dual Pentium
    Kamal> III processor with 1GB memory.

 Please elaborate as to exactly what kind of performance problems you
 are experiencing.  Is it using a lot of CPU and slowing down?  Too
 much RAM and paging a lot?  Too much disk IO?  Is your network
 bandwidth used up?  Do the host checks hold everything back and cause
 netsaint to get behind?  What exactly happens?

 Can you build with profiling enabled (rtfm gcc) and run it for a
 while and get some data?
--
mailto: (Karl M. Hegbloom) karlheg@microsharp.com
http://www.microsharp.com