List:       netsaint-devel
Subject:    RE: [netsaint-devel] Authentication bug in the cgi's
From:       "Vilenius, Joonas" <Joonas.Vilenius () satama ! com>
Date:       2001-04-20 13:23:36

> for that service. Since i didnt have this problem with any
> other service, and
> since everything seemed to be configured correctly that
> service if this could
> be caused by the "á"  (this problem also happened with
> another service called
> DNS Secundário), and changed the name to "DNS Primario"
> (without the accent
> in the a)..  After doing that everything worked fine.
>  So it seems that there is a problem in the cgi's handling
> with characters  that have an accent.. is this true?

Quite likely and i suspect it to be more like behaviour by
design as you don't use such characters in domain names etc.
either. I'd stick on safe side and not use any characters
outside normal a-z as they produce always problems. We use
characters like åäö here and our support system goes nuts
if some of those characters appear in the subject of the mail
(it converts the mail tomime crap) and therefore i filter
those characters away (åäö -> aao).

Joonas