List:       netsaint-devel
Subject:    Re: [netsaint-devel] SNMP
From:       Jeff Cours <jeff () ultradns ! com>
Date:       2001-04-11 17:05:54

Brian Flemming Jensen wrote:

> Can anyone help me, I am trying to get backup exec 7.0 to send me snmp
> trapd, and then get it in my netsaint overview, The last is allready
> working, but I dont know how to define the traps ? I have these files
> from veritas, please help me if you can.

Hi, Brian. I'm jumping in since I haven't seen any replies and it sounds
like you're using the snmptrapd patch I posted a while ago. You're
asking an excellent question. Unfortunately, you might be asking it in
the wrong place. If the problem is getting Veritas' Backup Exec 7.0 to
generate an SNMP trap, you might have better luck looking for a Veritas
support list. I ran a Google search using these keywords:

"Backup Exec" mailing list

and came up with a couple possibilities:

- toasters@mathworks.com
- http://www.peripheralstorage.com/mailing_list.htm

If all else fails, the folks at the net-snmp project,
http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/, might be able to point you in the
right direction, but I'd try the Backup Exec-specific lists first.

Hope this helps!
Jeff

--
Jeff Cours