List:       netsaint-devel
Subject:    Re: [netsaint-devel] RE: [netsaint] Correct Usage of Groups
From:       "Ethan Galstad" <netsaint () netsaint ! org>
Date:       2001-04-10 5:22:40

I suppose my "rules" could always be bent a bit to allow for
assigning a service definition to all the hosts in one or more
hostgroups.  That would require that the hostgroup definition also
reside in a template-based config file, just like the service
definition.  That isn't an unreasonable idea, so I'll look at what it
would take to add that before I finish coding.

From:           	Chris Robertson <Chris.Robertson@instill.com>
> (as this has become a development thread I moved my response)
>
> Fair enough... possibly a way around it.  What about a field for host
> "type", down the road I could see a lot of uses for this but initially just
> a host aggregator so to speak.
>
> this is a real rough thought but I'll think about it overnight and post
> somemore details on what I'm thinking (or smoking as the case may be :).
>
> Chris

Ethan Galstad
NetSaint Developer
---