List:       netsaint-devel
Subject:    [netsaint-devel] Announcing nsctl v0.14 beta - testers wanted
From:       James FitzGibbon <james () ehlo ! com>
Date:       2001-03-04 21:23:19

I'm developing nsctl (NetSaint Control), a command line application to
inject commands into the netsaint command file.  I've found myself many a
time performing maintainance without the benefit of a graphical browser and
thus forced to manoever through the Netsaint interface using lynx to disable
host notifications.

Not fun.

Thus was born the idea for nsctl, which (it is hoped) will present a
flexible interpreter to the user and generate properly-formatted external
command strings to pass to NetSaint.

The general idea is that you'll be able to type in commands like this:

> muzzle www-01

And nsctl will append to the external command file this:

[982461112] DISABLE_HOST_NOTIFICATIONS;www-01
[982461112] DISABLE_HOST_SVC_NOTIFICATIONS;www-01

The parser is written using Lex and Yacc, so keeping up with new commands or

Current commands implemented are:

muzzle
unmuzzle
add hostcomment
del hostcomment
del all hostcomments
add servicecomment
del servicecomment
del all servicecomments
enable host notifications
enable service notifications
enable host service notifications
disable host notifications
disable service notifications
disable host service notifications

I am going to expand the grammer soon, but I would like a few people who can
do compilation and feedback tests while I am doing this.

Anyone interested in testing the tool can get the latest release at the
following address:

http://www.ehlo.com/~james/nsctl/nsctl-0.14.tar.gz

Testers are also encouraged to join the mailing list for discussion of bugs
and new releases.  Join up by going to the following URL

Thanks.

--
j.