List:       netsaint-devel
Subject:    Re: [netsaint-devel] lockfile problems
From:       "Ethan Galstad" <netsaint () linuxbox ! com>
Date:       2000-03-15 16:05:46

I had added the code for specifying an alternate location for the
lock file in the 0.0.6 code last week, so that should make things a
bit easier.   As long as you use a different netsaint.cfg file (with
unique values for status file, external command file, log file, and
temp file locations) things should be okay.

The only thing that might be a problem is the fact that the IPC
message queue will complain if you are running more than 8 (I
believe) copies of NetSaint.  The IPC initialization code is
supposed to try several key combinations for creating a new queue
before it bombs out with an error.

Date sent:      	Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:44:22 -0600
From:           	"jeff@lfcity.org" <jeff@lfcity.org>