List:       netfilter-devel
Subject:    Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release of iptables 1.3.8
From:       Patrick McHardy <kaber () trash ! net>
Date:       2007-06-28 16:02:34

Patrick McHardy wrote:

>> Done to commit. But I didn't kill KERNEL_64_USERSPACE_32 from Makefile,
>> SAME, and CLUSTERIP. They doesn't have compat layer in kernel
>> in the current.
>>

> Thanks. I can fix CLUSTERIP. SANE is not too important since its
> deprecated and unfixable broken wrt. 64 bit cleanness. At some
> point we should remove it, I'll add it to feature-removal-schedule.

BTW, I would suggest to remove it entirely, it just doesn't work
properly. Most people won't use it anyways because I guess no sane
distributor compiles 32 bit packages on a 64 bit kernel exactly
because this kind of crap. For people that actually use it it will
break once we add proper support to the kernel.

I'll fix CLUSTERIP now ..