List:       netfilter-devel
Subject:    [announce] iptables-tutorial 1.2.1 released
From:       Oskar Andreasson <oan () frozentux ! net>
Date:       2006-09-29 16:20:37

Hi all,

After a long time of being close to dead, the iptables tutorial has
finally started moving again. Version 1.2.1 is basically a cleanup of
all the incoming problem/error reports I have received over the last
year. On top of this, make processes has been improved, images and page
sizes and dsssl's has been adapted for better print quality and some
rewrites of the introductions and some sections inside the tutorial.
Additional is a "commercial products" chapter/section where I hope to
gather up some material on commercial products based on
iptables/netfilter in the future.

In the upcoming 3 weeks I will be hard at work with the next version,
hopefully getting the whole work up to iptables 1.3.6 version, adding
some information on VPN tunnels and netfilter and some other larger
updates on my list.

Also, next version will be available in book form. The first copy has
been ordered based on this version to see that the layout is ok and to
see the quality). Pricing when ordered should be around 32-36 USD
depending on some final variables.

Comments are more than welcome as always.

All versions are as usual available at:
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net

Thank you.

//Oskar Andreasson