List:       netfilter-devel
Subject:    trying to revive rtsp
From:       Mickael Marchand <marchand () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-19 14:13:53

Hi,

I am really a newbie to the netfilter coding world, so please forgive
any stupid questions :)

I have mostly ported the old rtsp conntrack+nat code to recent 2.6
kernels, compiles and loads fine into the kernel,
but I have some problems to make it work now :)

the initial TCP connexion to the RTSP server:554 is correctly detected
and the expectation packet seems to be properly setup :
cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack_expect
255 proto=17 src=212.27.38.253 dst=10.0.0.2 sport=0 dport=33302

212.27.38.253 is the RTSP server, 10.0.0.2 is the client, 10.0.0.1 is
the netfilter box.

so once the TCP connexion has been established, we expect a UDP stream
from the server going to the client port 33302.

my problem is that the expected packet does not get through the
netfilter box, I can see the UDP stream coming from the RTSP server and
going to my netfilter box,
the expectation packet seems to get removed of
/proc/net/ip_conntrack_expect as well (so basically it looks all good)
but the netfilter box does not forward packets to 10.0.0.2.
so it looks like a NAT problem to me, maybe the UDP packets are not
getting NAT-ed back to the client.

my first question would be :
is it expected to see 10.0.0.2 in the expected paquet ?
should not it be my external IP instead ?

any tips in what direction I could look ? :)

thanks for any help

Cheers,
Mik
(Please CC-me in answers :)