List:       netfilter-devel
Subject:    NAT Server, SMP box or Single CPU box?
From:       Donato Diaz <donatodd () itcsoluciones ! com>
Date:       2004-12-27 13:04:59

Hi,

I have read in different lists that some people are having problem doing
NAT with SMP Servers, due to the way the kernel manage conntrack with
two or more CPUs.
Can anyone tell me if it's true that NAT runs slower on SMP servers ?
Is it better a Server with one faster CPU than a server with two CPUs?
I need to buy a NAT Server for +1500 users. I would like to know if an
SMP Server with two CPUs is the best choice.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks all,
Donato.

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]