List:       netfilter-devel
Subject:    limit match support inop. on sparc/linux platform?
From:       Elliott Potter <epotter () eep ! burdell ! org>
Date:       2002-08-29 5:39:59

I looked around the archives for an answer to this, and saw some
discussion about it around March but not an answer:

Running iptables 1.2.6a (and 1.2.7a, which I just finished compiling),
with linux kernel 2.4.19 on a Sun Ultra5, the limit match option does not
work.  Support for limit match support is enabled in the kernel, but
I get an error (iptables: Invalid argument) if I try to run a rule with a
limit.

This isn't a huge deal or anything; the purpose of this machine isn't to
be a firewall or a router or anything, but since this problem's been
around for a while I just thought I'd point it out and make sure that the
problem isn't on my end somewhere.

TIA
--
Elliott