List:       netfilter
Subject:    Where is the NAT rewriting /really/ done?
From:       Peter Finderup Lund <firefly () diku ! dk>
Date:       2001-02-28 17:05:00

I've looked at the ipt_REDIRECT.c code but I fail to see where the packets
destination really is changed.

All I see is a call to ip_nat_setup_info(), which in turn sets up entries
in some connection tracking tables describing the connection affected and
how it is to be address translated...

Could someone please enlighten me?

-Peter

Code is much like elephant dung.  The more code, the more bugs.
You have to let it rest a while to make sure that the bugs are gone (and large
heaps rot slowly).