List:       netfilter
Subject:    Minor ip6tables bug
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiagom () mail ! com>
Date:       2000-09-28 2:18:23

[Note: I am not on the mailing list, so, if you reply, please include
me on the Cc:]

I have been playing with IPv6 for some time and decided I wanted to
play with ip6tables too. Unfortunately, ip6tables insisted on an error
I couldn't understand:

ip6tables -A FORWARD
ip6tables v1.1.1: Couldn't load target `standard'

So I checked the source code and found out this bug:

the Makefile had the same command to compile ip6tables and ip6tables.o
that it did for iptables/iptables.o. So ip6tables never gets the
correct directory for the libip6t_*.so libraries.

I've already set up the patch on:
http://loki.nw.com.br/development/iptables-1.1.1-ipv6fix.diff and I
have tested. It works now.

[By the way, I also have a .spec file on the same site if it is of
interest]
--
 Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
 thiagom@mail.com talha@geocities.com

205/363. I think we are going to accept Federation control for the
time being. -- Senator Palpatine, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom
Menace