List:       netfilter
Subject:    Gamespy kills !?
From:       Milan Hodoscek <milan () ala ! cmm ! ki ! si>
Date:       2000-03-30 4:47:06

Hi,

I successfully installed netfilter for the following situation:

Cable      |   Linux box      |   Windows box
Internet  <->  [realIP]
               10.1.1.2      <->   10.1.1.1

I am  using 2.3.99-pre3 and iptables 1.0.0beta with the following:

modprobe iptable_nat
modprobe ip_nat_ftp
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j SNAT --to [realIP]

If my son on a Windows box starts refreshing the servers with the
GameSpy the linux box hangs. We repeated this several times and it
always happens!

I am just curious if this is specific to my setup or it is a general
problem.

I also have a question:

What would be the command in iptables to get X windows from any
machine on the Internet to the 10.1.1.1 box if the box is running
linux?

Milan