List:       netfilter
Subject:    Re:About: Starcraft(Battle.net)
From:       Stephen Moore <s.moore () bigpond ! com>
Date:       1999-11-28 11:52:30

I noticed that this mail didn't get a reply

We have 30 computers in our office ,
but we have only one real ip address.
Yesterday, we installed a linux-Server.(Masqrading Server)
29computers have private IP.

Question1)
At the same time, can 29computers access Battle.net?

Question2)
In battle.net server, can we enjoy team-play?

Now I am sure (almost) that the answers are
1/ No
2/ No

As far as I know only one person can play at a time - because there is
only one IP

My question is can you use netfilter  to allow a single game of diablo
on battle.net
I connect but get told I cannot use udp

I have done a bit of looking and it seems that with ipchains you can, if
you get ipmasqadm and enter the following command

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/maroberts/linux/guide/net-lan.html
<SNIP>
Diablo fix - Untested !

/usr/sbin/ipautofw -A -r udp 6112 6112 -c tcp 116
/usr/sbin/ipautofw -A -r udp 6112 6112 -c tcp 118
</SNIP>
unfortunately This doesn't work for me on linux 2.3.29

here it is
[root@buffy linux-2.2.12]# /usr/sbin/ipmasqadm autofw -A -r udp 6112
6112 -c tcp 6112
autofw: setsockopt failed: Protocol not available
[root@buffy linux-2.2.12]#

I am using ipchains.o (couldn't get masq to work useing rusty's 3 line
masq)

[root@buffy linux-2.2.12]# /sbin/ipchains -L
Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
Chain forward (policy DENY):
target     prot opt     source                destination
ports
MASQ       all  ------  anywhere             anywhere              n/a
Chain output (policy ACCEPT):
[root@buffy linux-2.2.12]#

Modules
[root@buffy linux-2.2.12]# /sbin/lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ipchains               30688   0  (unused)
es1371                 31488   0
soundcore               3012   4  [es1371]
ne2k-pci                4704   1  (autoclean)
8390                    6500   0  (autoclean) [ne2k-pci]

Now in the interest of honesty. I am going through 2 masquarading boxes
pc -> home linux box -> work linux box -> internet

where "work linux box " is using ipchains and 2.2.13

To wrap it up, should it work? (yes or no is sufficient thanks)