List:       netfilter
Subject:    Incoming Connections with IPv6 NETMAP for Multiple ISPs Only Work for 1 ISP at a time.
From:       Adam Goldberg <adam () ajg ! net>
Date:       2021-02-12 16:48:29

Hello,

I am having an issue with IPv6 NETMAP on a multiwan router using nftables v0.9.8 on \
kernel 5.10.13-1.

We are using ULAs internally for all our LAN hosts to load-balance IPv6 connections \
over multiple ISPs.

Externally, we have 3 ISPs. We are using IPTABLES NETMAP to map our internal IPs to \
each external IPv6 IP prefix. This works great for IPv6 load-balancing. We can use \
policy based routing to route certain hosts and certain destinations through \
particular ISPs.

However, we have an issue with connections from the outside reaching internal hosts. \
Outside connections only work when accessing the IP range of WAN1, which is the \
default gateway on the router. Incoming connections through WAN2 and WAN3 fail when \
WAN1 is the default gateway. If I change the default gateway to WAN2, then incoming \
connections work through the WAN2 IPv6 range.

I ran tcpdump to see what's going on, and it appears connections come in over \
WAN1/WAN2/WAN3 and go out over WAN1 (or whatever the default gateway is) regardless. \
This causes dropped packets.

With respect to NETMAP, how can I have incoming connections over WAN2 go back out \
through WAN2, WAN3 through WAN3, etc... Is this possible?

Thank you.=