List:       netfilter
Subject:    Re: Implications of a permissive FORWARD chain
From:       Ambroz Bizjak <ambrop7 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-18 19:57:05

It's worth pointing out that packets coming in from interface A with
the destination address equal to the local address of interface B will
be considered INPUT, not FORWARD. So, even if you have drop packets in
FORWARD, binding a service to a specific interface address, as a
security measure, does not actually make it reachable only via that
interface. You'd need to explicitly drop those packets in INPUT to
protect the service.