List:       netfilter
Subject:    Re: ipset and hash:net,port,net set
From:       Jozsef Kadlecsik <kadlec () blackhole ! kfki ! hu>
Date:       2013-05-23 20:55:26

On Thu, 23 May 2013, Wim Vandersmissen wrote:

> I?m redesigning our firewall to use as much as ipset as possible
> instead. (great tool) But we have rules that allow a specific source
> range to some ports for a specific destination range. So the one type of
> set I?m missing at the moment is hash:net,port,net Of course I could put
> this in hash:ip,port,net but the hash would get rather big when using
> /16?s

That'd need a new lookup/storage method: the current hash type is not
appropriate for such lookups, would be too slow.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@blackhole.kfki.hu, kadlecsik.jozsef@wigner.mta.hu
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary