List:       netfilter
Subject:    Re: nf-queue.c as an example of libnetfilter_queue
From:       Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo () netfilter ! org>
Date:       2013-04-23 0:43:44

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 02:13:22AM +0200, Flavio Poletti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The example file nf-queue.c program in the examples
> directory does not seem to use the functions in the library at all.
>
> Are they deprecated in favor of something else?
>
> This is a repetition of a question I sent some 10 days ago, sorry
> for bothering again but I'm interested into this. Anyway I won't
> post it again if I get no answers, please accept apologies in
> advance if inconvenient.

Both APIs are currently supported, nf-queue uses libmnl. The former
uses the old libnfnetlink. I needed a rather more flexible API for the
connection tracking support in user-space in conntrackd over libmnl.

The new API also provides also helpers for ipv4, ipv6, tcp and udp,
which seems to be a common requirement for everyone. See the
libnetfilter_queue/src/extra/ directory in case you want to check
implementation details.

You can generate up to date doxygen documentation with the following
command:

libnetfilter_queue$ doxygen doxygen.cfg

Regards.