List:       netfilter
Subject:    Stupid on state match
From:       Richard Horton <richard.horton () solstans ! co ! uk>
Date:       2009-10-27 16:01:19

Quick one: Does the state match 'INVALID' include tcp connections in
an invalid state (e.g. fin when there is no valid connection, rst
without a valid connection etc)?

The man entry "Possible states are INVALID meaning that the packet
could not be identified for some reason which includes running out of
memory and ICMP errors which don't correspond to any known
connection," doesn't really clarify whether it will or will not...

(I know I can easily set up a test to prove it but just about to leave
for the day and just struck me I didn't know the answer)

--
Richard Horton
Users are like a virus: Each causing a thousand tiny crises until the