List:       netfilter
Subject:    Re: Netfilter and IPSec interaction
From:       Grant Taylor <gtaylor () riverviewtech ! net>
Date:       2005-07-27 5:18:32

>(Grant, are you for sure saying you got the patches to go into 2.6.12 and
>compile?)

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've had a VERY busy time.

I do not recall if I compiled or not for sure because I was doing *SO*
much to the kernel in question and trying *SO* many different versions.
Namely I was testing to see which patches out of the IPTables
Patch-o-Matic would apply in what combination to a few different kernel
sources.  I had also had to apply a different patch to my kernel source
b/c I was running it on a Cobalt RaQ 4i and had to fix the shutdown /
restart issue with the watchdog.  As such I do not remember for sure
that I _did_ compile the kernel.  Sorry.

What I DO know for sure is that I DID successfully apply the IPSec
patches 1 - 4 after I went in to the info files and removed dependencies
on previously patches.  I was not able to apply patch #1 b/c it was
looking for a specific patch (the name eludes me at the moment).  I
found the patch in question on the net in a mail list archive from the
original author of the patches.  When I got to looking the (missing)
patch was already in the mainstream kernel and thus was not available
for patching.  So I removed the dependency on it for the IPSec-01
patch.  Once I had removed the dependency I tested the IPSec-01 patch
and it did apply cleanly.  Once the IPSec-01 patch was in place patches
IPSec-02 and IPSec-03 applied cleanly.  The IPSec-04 patch did not want
to apply stating that it was dependent on the IPSec-03 patch.  Having
just applied the patch that IPSec-04 wanted I knew that it was there so
I removed the dependency in the info file and was able to apply the
IPSec-04 patch with out any problems at all.  The only thing that I
could find wrong with the four IPSec patches was the dependency tree
checking.  Not being a real programmer (I just hack things together when
I have to) I don't know how to fix what is wrong, that is for others to do.

Grant. . . .