List:       netfilter
Subject:    RE: Oulook express not working on client machine
From:       "Jason Opperisano" <Jopperisano () alphanumeric ! com>
Date:       2004-07-29 14:54:23

> eth0: 192.168.1.97 (My Public IP)
> eth1: 192.168.5.1 (My Lan IP)
>
> I have declared 25 and 110 as the safe ports also but still :((

are you trying to proxy SMTP and POP-3 through squid?
from http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-1.html#ss1.1

	"Squid is a high-performance proxy caching server for web clients, supporting FTP, \
gopher, and HTTP..."

i.e, not SMTP, not POP-3...

> Based on therad i saw at linux solve, I tried to do
>
> /sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

if you're are trying to MASQUERADE your internal clients behind the external IP of \
your firewall--you have that reversed (and the source network doesn't match up)--it \
should be:

	/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -s 192.168.5.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

also--i'm assuming you are sanitizing your IP addresses here; as MASQUERADING behind \
192.168.1.97 won't do you much good if your traffic is destined for the internet.

it seems to me that you're missing some of the basics here--maybe a review of \
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html would help you out?

-j