List:       netfilter
Subject:    Re: new tcp connections, without SYN
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () ism ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-09 14:58:34

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 15:06, Cedric Blancher wrote:
> Timers for Netfilter's conntrack should be the same as TCP stacks. So,
> if conntrack times out, then destination TCP stack should time out too.
> that means if a ACK gets so delayed that related conntrack entry gets
> dropped, than it would be also dropped by destination TCP stack.

Aaah... that might explain my problem with 'new, not syn'.

Problem is that our firewall is a non-masquerading router for a class C subnet
and that we don't have the ability to set the timeouts on all machines behind
it.

Isn't there a workaround to avoid this problem on the netfilter machine?

--
Martijn