List:       netfilter
Subject:    order of packets passing chains/tables
From:       Christian Hubinger <a9806056 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2002-06-04 23:55:49

Hi!

I'm currently developing an iptables GUI interface (kmyfirewall) and i'm a
litttle bit confused about the different tables used by the iptables.
There is p.e. a Chain called OUTPUT in the "filter", "mangle" and in the "nat"
table.
I know that these chains are independent but i couldn't find out the order in
which the packets pass the chains/tables.

I would be very thankful if anyone could show me a diagramm (or where to find
one) of the netfilter achitectuer with all it's tables and chains and of
course the order in which the packetes are passing the chains/tables.

thanks a lot

greetings,
		chris

--
Windows is a 32 bit shell for a 16 bit extension to an 8 bit
Operating System designed for a 4 bit microchip by a 2 bit