List:       netfilter
Subject:    Re:Allowing Samba to broadcast...
From:       "Dharmendra.T" <dharmu () nsecure ! net>
Date:       2002-02-12 11:41:10

What for the OUTPUT chain. Are you dropping all the packets completely on
output chain, or not you allowing anything from output chain

I've got a standard setup where all samba clents are behind the
firewall/gateway, and NetBIOS ports are blocked from the outside world.
They are, however, open for the internal network to use, as one might
expect.

Trouble is, my firewall is evidently blocking the broadcast portion of the
Samba protocol.  By default, packets are dropped, but I've included this
"iptables -A INPUT -i $intdev -s $intnet -d 0.0.0.0/0 -j ACCEPT"  which I
thought would be sufficient to allow Samba to operate.

Can anyone provide some insight as to why I can't broadcast?

thanks,

JD.

--
Dharmendra.T
Linux Security Expert

The content of this email message and any attachments are confidential and
may be legally privileged, intended solely for the addressee.  If you are not
the intended recipient, be advised that any use, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and
destroy the message and its attachments.