List:       netcool-users
Subject:    syslog probe store and forward
From:       "John Blake" <jblake () cw ! net>
Date:       2001-08-02 14:27:59

 Question.
  How are yall (if at all) implementing "store and forward" on the syslog
probe?

 The reason I ask is that If I use S&F, when the syslogd starts a new
Logfile at 00:00, the probe stops reading the Logfile. If i delete the .reco
for it, it will start reading it again. If the .reco is for the probe to
know where to start reading again, then it must be getting corrupt when its
written. Either that or it's for the "old" Logfile and doesnt relate to the
"new".

 Have any of yall seen this?
 I'm on solaris 2.6 ( soon to be 2.8).

 John